For my first official Lightroom tutorial I thought I'd start with a few simple edits for Lightroom newbies!
Today is how to turn your colour photo, into a black & white image. Now there are a gazillion ways to do this, but here is the quick & easy way.
- Start my importing your chosen photo.
- Go to the Develop area
- Here is my colour photo that I'd going to B&W
- On the menu on the right of the screen, scroll down to HSL/ Color/ B&W
- Click B&W & your photo will automatically be transformed!
- You can then either leave the image as it is & export (save) it.
- Or you can adjust the colours in the image. On the screen shot above you can see on the right the colours. Your can move the curser to the left & right on each colour. Have a play around & get a feel for it.
- I also adjusted the tones (exposure/ fill light/ blacks etc.) by sliding their cursers to the left & right.
Here is my final version.
You can see my changes to the Tone on the right. I increased the exposure, fill light & black.
Hope you like it & it'll help for future edits x