Friday, August 3, 2012

Lightroom Tutorial - B&W

Lightroom is awesome, have I mentioned that before?

For my first official Lightroom tutorial I thought I'd start with a few simple edits for Lightroom newbies!

Today is how to turn your colour photo, into a black & white image. Now there are a gazillion ways to do this, but here is the quick & easy way.

- Start my importing your chosen photo.
- Go to the Develop area
- Here is my colour photo that I'd going to B&W


- On the menu on the right of the screen, scroll down to HSL/ Color/ B&W
- Click B&W & your photo will automatically be transformed!


- You can then either leave the image as it is & export (save) it. 
- Or you can adjust the colours in the image. On the screen shot above you can see on the right the colours. Your can move the curser to the left & right on each colour. Have a play around & get a feel for it. 
- I also adjusted the tones (exposure/ fill light/ blacks etc.) by sliding their cursers to the left & right.

Here is my final version.


You can see my changes to the Tone on the right. I increased the exposure, fill light & black.

Hope you like it & it'll help for future edits x

1 comment:

  1. Sorry can't see the pictures, they don't seem to have come through with the post?

    ReplyDelete